At Junior Achievement (JA) Canada we are expanding our team and looking for a Manager of National Partnerships and Sponsorships who is passionate about youth education.
The Manager will lead a portfolio of national accounts that support JA program development and delivery across 14 Charters; and will be responsible for the re-engagement of partners and outreach to secure new sponsorship for the Canadian Business Hall of Fame fundraising event.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Manager of Partnerships and Sponsorships will be primarily responsible for relationship management, activation, deliverables management, reporting and annual/biannual renewal for a portfolio of existing corporate accounts for JA Canada; as well renewal and sponsorship outreach and sales for the Canadian Business Hall of Fame.
About JA and the Canadian Business Hall of Fame:
JA Canada (JACAN) is the national office for Junior Achievement in Canada. A member of JA Worldwide, JACAN has been providing financial literacy, workplace readiness and entrepreneurship programs in partnership with the Canadian education system since 1955. Designed to inspire, prepare and help youth succeed, JA programs are delivered across Canada via a network of 14 offices across Canada to reach over 270,000 youth annually.
Supporting its mission, JA Canada created and annually hosts the Canadian Business Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Gala Dinner, to recognize outstanding individuals for their contributions to the Canadian economy and who serve as role models for youth.
The Induction Ceremony & Celebration is the signature national fundraising initiative in support of JA Canada. Celebrating the leaders of today and inspiring the leaders of tomorrow.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Managing a portfolio of 10-25+ corporate and foundation partnerships
Lead relationship management on all existing and/or newly secured corporate/ foundation/ institutional relationships - both those that support and fund program delivery across the JA Canada network and that support national office priorities- program development, digital and operations.
- Onboarding partners and network stakeholders to new accounts.
- Codifying partnership details and requirements into internal tracking and reporting tools, ensuring line of sight for applicable colleagues.
- Managing financial commitments through CRM, and aligning with accounting for financial reconciliation and A/R.
- Managing marketing and communication and program implementation deliverables for corporate accounts.
- Ensuring fulfillment of all partner rights and benefits, including equipping JA Charters & national office assets and instructions.
- Hosting and/or participating in regular review and planning meetings with corporate partners.
- Collecting assets, performance data from JA network and preparing partner reports.
- Identifying and cultivating growth and renewal plans and supporting proposal development.
- Supporting the CDO, as needed, with new business development and in-bound opportunities.
2. Leading sponsorship renewals, outreach and new sales for the Canadian Business Hall of Fame annual event
- Contributing to the development of sponsorship strategy, rights and benefits and sales tools
- Customizing sales tools and outreach for early-bird and renewing sponsors, soliciting national accounts for sponsorship, stewarding multi-year sponsors, and developing a prospect list for new outreach
- Working in coordination with the VP Development to confirm and book Inductee-network sponsorship
- Aligning with executive team and accounting to ensure contracting, invoicing and payment follow-up with sponsors
- Co-developing and implementing activations to ensure delivery of sponsors rights and benefits
- Supporting the Events Manager with guest confirmation and communications
- Customizing and distributing impact reports
- Helping to execute the event as a guest and sponsor lead
Experience and Qualifications
- Minimum 3 years experience working with corporate partnerships in a non-profit setting, including activations of rights and benefits
- Experience in a federated model an asset
- Strong communication skills required, including verbal and written as well confidence in presenting to diverse audiences
- Works collaboratively with peers and stakeholders
- Detail oriented and able to independently manage competing priorities
- Strength working in the suite of Microsoft Office products required, Canva an asset
- Experience working with CRM software desired (e.g. Salesforce)
- Ability to plan and structure one’s own work streams to meet deadlines with quality output
JA Canada Commitment to EDI&A
JA Canada is committed to an equitable, diverse, inclusive and accessible environment where differences are valued and respected in all areas of our business. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. JA Canada will not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, disability, age (18 and over), record of offenses for which a pardon has been granted, marital status (including same sex partners), family status (being in a parent-child relationship), or any other grounds prohibited by the Canadian Human Rights Code.
How to Apply
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume with a cover letter that highlights alignment to the position qualifications to email@example.com by midnight ET on September 15th 2023.
Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is secured.
We thank all candidates for their interest in advance. Based on anticipated volume of applicants, we will only respond to successful applications. An offer of employment with JA Canada is conditional upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.