Location: Remote (Canada)
Basis: Full Time, Permanent
JA Canada (JACAN) is the national office for JA in Canada and a member of JA Worldwide. JACAN has been providing financial literacy, workplace readiness and entrepreneurship programs in partnership with the Canadian education system since 1955. Designed to inspire, prepare and help youth succeed, JA programs are delivered across Canada via a network of 14 offices across Canada to reach over 270,000 youth annually.
In pursuit of greater reach, relevance and impact, JACAN is committed to digital transformation to leverage new technological resources and efficiencies while increasing potential reach via digital program accessibility. The JA Digital Architecture is critically important to JA in Canada operations and includes a learning platform, JA Campus, launched in 2020. To complete the architecture, improve the user experience and integrate data to ensure a single source of truth, JA is implementing Okta as SSO, and a Salesforce National CRM. This architecture will enable efficiencies in program and donor management to increase reach and impact and serves as a model to the JA global network.
About the Role
As a Salesforce & IT Administrator with Junior Achievement (JA) Canada, you will work with the national network of users to maximize ROI and operational efficiencies by enhancing users’ understanding, adoption and use of the technical systems. We are seeking an Administrator who has a good understanding of the Salesforce platform, can understand our organizational objectives and how those translate to the technology, and an individual that is interested in learning and managing other systems.
In this role you will have experience directly administering Salesforce and ancillary systems. In addition, you will be expected to run other aspects of user management, such as handling support requests, providing training, and designing/implementing solutions on the platform. The Administrator should be comfortable with change management and governance processes. The ideal candidate will also be able to manage stakeholder
requests and needs, with varying levels of technical proficiency.
- In partnership with the Senior Director of Programs & Technology, manage Salesforce configuration, including (but not limited to): fields, record types, page layouts, dynamic layouts, app, actions, custom settings, custom metadata types, approval processes, assignment rules, Flow, mobile administration, reporting and dashboards. Apex configuration a plus.
- Manage user security and permissions, including: user setup/deactivation, profiles, permission sets, restriction rules, public groups, sharing rules, and OWDs
- Steward governance for environment management plan and deployment procedures
- Complete proactive system maintenance, such as security/audit reviews, running system and NPSP Health Check, monitoring and evaluating the impact of release updates, and completing analysis of other Salesforce monitoring tools
- Responding to user support requests (across Canada)
- Play a leadership role in developing, delivering and curating best in class training resources for all users across Canada
- Complete user training with organization-identified training needs for tools used by JA
- Review and analyze data quality; complete data updates to improve organizational metrics (I.e. identifying and merging duplicate records)
- Manage integrations between other JA tooling (including Moodle, Okta and JA’s ecommerce platform)
- Identify unused or underutilized platform features; working collaboratively to manage a platform roadmap to define prioritization and future enhancements to the Salesforce environment
- Complete technical documentation required for the maintenance of the Salesforce instance and ancillary tooling
- Work with network users to design, develop and curate automation scripts to maximize efficiencies and effectiveness of the system
- Manage communication and updates on JA technology to users
Experience & Qualifications
- Strong Salesforce platform knowledge, with a minimum of 2 years of hands-on administration
- Advanced Salesforce declarative configuration skills, including Flow and security
- Strong knowledge of the Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP)
- Knowledge and background working with Experience Cloud
- Experience working with cross-platform integrations
- Certified Salesforce Administrator
- Ability to liaise with stakeholders at all levels; excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to translate requirements into best practice, scalable solutions
- Ability to respond to service requests for a period of 8 hours during a work day (schedule to be discussed)
- Additional Salesforce certifications: Certified Nonprofit Cloud Consultant, Certified Platform App Builder, Certified Experience Cloud Consultant, Certified Marketin Cloud Email Specialist
- Postgraduate degree or professional qualification in computer science, IT management, or a related study
- DevOps or release management experience
- Understanding of basic triggers or Apex code knowledge
- Knowledge/experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Experience working with or for a nonprofit organization
- Experience working with or for a federated/affiliated organization
- Bilingual, French and English would be an asset
If you think this role is a good fit for you, we encourage you to submit your resume with a cover letter that highlights alignment to the position qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is secured.
JA Canada is committed to an inclusive, diverse, equitable and accessible environment where differences are valued and respected in all areas of our business. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
We thank all candidates for their interest in advance. Based on anticipated volume of applicants, we will only respond to successful applications.
An offer of employment with JA Canada is conditional upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.