Are you an organized, energetic, creative event specialist who is passionate about engaging diverse audiences? Do you love what you do, value the benefits of working from home, and are passionate about youth? If you are, then you are the ideal candidate to take on the Manager, Events role for JA Canada.
JA Canada (JACAN), is the national office for Junior Achievement in Canada. A member of JA Worldwide, JACAN has been providing financial literacy, workplace readiness and entrepreneurship programs in partnership with the Canadian education system since 1955. Designed to inspire, prepare and help youth succeed, JA programs are delivered across Canada via a network of 14 offices across Canada to reach over 200,000 youth annually. Supporting its mission, JA Canada created and annually hosts the Canadian Business Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Gala Dinner, to recognize outstanding individuals for their contributions to the Canadian economy and who serve as role models for youth.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, Resource Development, the Manager, Events is responsible for the planning and execution of JA Canada’s signature events- the Canadian Business Hall of Fame Gala (https://cbhf.ca/), and national program and partner events like Company of the Year, and youth summits. This is a permanent, full-time position. The role will support the Resource Development and Program and Charter Services teams. The ideal candidate will be a strong project manager and natural collaborator with diverse event planning skills and experience with donor/sponsor activation and engagement.
A summary of the responsibilities of the Manager, Events includes the following
Duties and Responsibilities:
Supporting Resource Development
- Lead the planning and execution of the Canadian Business Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Gala Dinner (in-person with virtual broadcast)
- Support relationship management with CBHF Inductees, Sponsors and Media/communications partners
- Provide admin support to the CBHF Governance and Selection Committees
- Co-Develop Sponsors Activations
- Support the development of a strategy to leverage and manage the Business Hall of Fame Archives and Recognition Installation
Supporting Program Team
- Lead the planning and execution of JACAN National youth program events and conferences (both in-person and virtual events) including Company of the Year; Success Summit; other events coordinated with JA Canada partners i.e.: Innovation Day; and events driving school engagement nationally, i.e.: National Day of Truth and Reconciliation.
- Event project management and execution:
- Establish and manage event logistics, timelines and work-back schedules;
- Develop and manage event budgets in collaboration with senior leadership team, manage invoicing and expenses;
- Coordinate with event production company and vendors;
- Oversee and coordinate with venue and vendors (décor, food and beverage, AV, prospective entertainment);
- Develop event run sheets and script in collaboration with senior leadership team, production company and event partners;
- Coordinate video production and other visuals presentation materials;
- Co-manage video production team for CBHF inductee legacy videos;
- Mobilize and coordinate internal teams and cross over with Marketing Manager, Development/Sponsorship Manager
- Help recruit, provide support and direction to MC, talent, speakers, volunteers, and participants. Contribute to and manage the development of innovative strategies to engage youth, volunteer, and event attendees.
- Collaborate with Manager, Marketing and Communications to produce invites, signage, communications, and thank you letters.
- Guest management: Develop guest list; Manage registration; Oversee COVID-19 protocols; Facilitate logistics communications, and accessibility requirements.
- Secure value in-kind sponsors.
- Donor recognition/ sponsorship activation: Support the development of sponsorship grid and benefits; identify sponsor activation and donor recognition opportunities; contribute to the creation of sales packages and sponsor communications; ensure delivery of sponsor rights and benefits.
- Co-develop with Marketing Manager event PR/communications strategy to raise the profile of events and related awards, and support media relations.
- Facilitate reporting: Gather feedback, coordinate, and produce internal event report, SWOT assessment, recommendations. Support event stewardship reporting.
- Support and share best practices with JA staff across Canada.
- 3-5 years experience in event management
- Experience planning and executing both in-person and virtual events
- Experience with both non-profit and Business leadership events, VIP/Honoured Guest and Gala events, as well as dynamic youth/school events
- Exceptional project management and planning skills
- Strong event budget management skills and ability to negotiate with vendors
- Strong interpersonal skills lending themselves to talent/client/guest services
- Sponsorship experience
- Communications and design experience an asset
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, lead cross-functional teams and thrive in a complex environment with competing priorities
How To Apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume with a cover letter that highlights alignment to the position qualifications to email@example.com by midnight ET on November 21st, 2021. Posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is secured. Please include the job title in the subejct line.
JA Canada is committed to a diverse, inclusive, equitable and accessible environment where differences are valued and respected in all areas of our business. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds and abilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. JA Canada will not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, disability, age (18 and over), record of offenses for which a pardon has been granted, marital status (including same sex partners), family status (being in a parent-child relationship), or any other grounds prohibited by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We thank all candidates for their interest in advance. Based on anticipated volume of applicants, we will only respond to successful applications. An offer of employment with JA Canada is conditional upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.