JA Canada (JACAN), a member of JA Worldwide, has been providing financial literacy, workplace readiness and entrepreneurship programs in partnership with the Canadian education system since 1955. Designed to inspire, prepare and help youth succeed, JA programs are delivered across Canada via a network of Charters, delivery affiliates and content partners to over 250,000 youth annually. Supporting its mission, JA Canada created and annually hosts the Canadian Business Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Gala Dinner, to recognize outstanding individuals for their contributions to the Canadian economy and who serve as role models for youth.
In pursuit of greater reach, relevance and impact, JA Canada is committed to digital transformation to leverage new technological resources and efficiencies while increasing potential reach via digital program accessibility. In addition to resources supporting a virtual work environment for staff, several digital tools are in development to meet evolving operational and strategic needs.
Playing a key role in this digital transformation, JA Canada is seeking a seasoned professional to assume the role of VP Programs & Charter Services (the VP). Overseeing national program development and delivery standards, network relations, marketing and impact measurement, the ideal candidate will be a polished communicator and natural collaborator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
As a key leader within the senior management team, the VP leads by example and shares the mission and values of JA. Reporting to the President and CEO, the VP contributes to the strategic direction of the organization and ensures programs, marketing tools and evaluation processes are best-in-class, maximizing relevance, reach and impact across Canada.
A summary of the responsibilities of the VP includes the following:
- Program and student events development and impact measurement
- Operational planning, budgeting, and reporting
- Charter and delivery partner collaboration and communications
- Marketing and business development
- National standards, policies, and procedures development
- Assisting national funding development, stewardship and reporting
- Strategic partner development and maintenance
- Leadership within digital strategy initiatives
Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Management
- Perform in a manner that exemplifies JA Canada culture, mission and values.
- Provide leadership to the strategic growth and priority initiatives planning.
- Develop, manage and lead Programs & Charter Services team and contracted professionals to achieve operational plans and budgets.
- Develop and manage service contracts as required to ensure quality result on time and on budget.
- Oversee key success data tracking, collection, forecasting and reporting of departmental areas of development and impact across JA Canada network.
- Work in collaboration with Charters, delivery affiliates and other stakeholders to ensure effective communications and operational efficiency including development and implementation of the JA Canada digital strategy.
- Actively participate and contribute to the success of the JA Canada senior leadership team and the National Operations Committee (NOC) and serve as reporting liaison with JA Americas and Worldwide.
- Collaborate with Charters and Affiliates and provide project management and leadership as required for assessment, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of digital resources.
- Source, cultivate and manage partner relationships that introduce strategic innovations and efficiencies and advance the JA mission and impact.
- Support Resource Development team with program related project planning, budgeting and agreement stewardship.
- Maintain awareness of all national donors and partner arrangements and assist with stewardship and reporting as required.
Program Development & Evaluation
- Develop, evaluate, and maintain a national program operational plan to ensure JA Canada programs are relevant and impactful with effective marketing tools.
- Maintain competitive awareness, educational trends, and technology advancements to inform continual improvement of JA programs and delivery methods to be sector leading.
- Ensure timely and accurate collection and reporting of delivery and impact data as required to support strategic and operational objectives.
- Oversee development, implementation and evaluation of national program development and delivery standards including program accreditations and compliance with legislative laws and requirements.
- Ensure processes are in place to safeguard JA stakeholders and their privacy.
- Maintain effective processes for volunteer screening, training, and recognition.
- Ensure consistent quality and timeliness of inventory management practices for the provision of program materials (digital and print).
- Manage and continually improve JA student recognition opportunities including awards and scholarships.
- Provide leadership and process oversight to encourage program innovation at the national and Charter level to increase relevance and reach.
- In conjunction with Resource Development staff, implement strategies and work plans that engage, cultivate, solicit, and steward national donors and partners.
Charter and Program Delivery Affiliate Services
- Provide services, tools, training and consultation to Charters and Affiliates to ensure effective promotion, delivery, and evaluation of the JA Programs.
- Maintain a relationship-build approach with JA Charters and program delivery affiliates to enhance the collaborative and innovative approach to student and volunteer success.
- Lead program and marketing communities of practice to support a collaborative and innovative environment and ensure effective sharing of best practices.
- Actively liaise with Charters and Affiliates to ensure compliance with the Licensee Agreement, Policies and Procedures and national standards, including conducting audits and reviews on an as needed basis.
- Provide operational leadership and oversight for JA team in Saskatchewan, ensuring program and fundraising targets are achieved. Support stewardship activities with Ministry of Education, donors and community members.
Marketing and Communications
- Develop and manage marketing strategy and tools to increase JA’s brand recognition and maximize student reach in Canada.
- Oversee campaigns (social media, Financial Literacy Month, National Volunteer Week) designed to promote and enhance JA’s brand.
- Collaborate with charters, national staff and service providers to ensure national website resources are effective and actively updated.
- Develop resources, tools and content that support Charter marketing and communications activities (annual report, social media templates, brand guidelines, blog posts, and press releases).
- Support the Resource Development team in various fundraising activities by contributing to proposals development and the CBHF event implementation.
- Several years recruiting, developing, and managing non-profit teams
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Program development, delivery, and reporting experience
- Project management and budgeting experience
- Advanced skill in MS products – e.g.: Word and Excel
- Learning management system experience
- Customer relations management systems experience
- Experience in print and digital marketing development
- Experience in change management
- Experience in Digital transformation preferred
- Master’s Degree preferred. (Education, Business or Commerce)
- Proficiency in French is an asset (verbal and written)
- Strong analytical skill, proactive and results-oriented
- Able to handle a variety of constituencies, manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex environment with multiple priorities
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume with a cover letter that highlights alignment to the position qualifications to: firstname.lastname@example.org
by April 19th, 2021.
JA Canada is an equal opportunity employer. JA Canada will not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, place of origin, colour, ethnic origin, citizenship, creed (religion), sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, disability, age (18 and over), record of offenses for which a pardon has been granted, marital status (including same sex partners), family status (being in a parent-child relationship), or any other grounds prohibited by the Ontario Human Rights Code.
We thank all candidates for their interest in advance. Based on anticipated volume of applicants, we will only respond to successful applications. An offer of employment with JA Canada is conditional upon the successful completion of a background verification check, subject to applicable laws and regulations.