As an educator in our local school boards YOU have the opportunity to let your class experience our JA Programs with one of our local volunteers!
Our programs teach students about entrepreneurship, financial literacy, and work readiness.
Click below on each program to see what students will learn and how our programs link to current Ontario Curriculum.
When will I receive my program?
- When registering, our charter asks that you indicate months of preference for your program delivery. Once we have a volunteer and sponsor to match with your registration, your local program manager will contact you.
What program is suitable for my classroom?
- All our programs are assigned to a specific grade level. Please note that if you have a split class, all students are encouraged to participate in the program regardless of their grade level being one higher or lower than the recommended grade.
Who will deliver the program in my classroom?
- A qualified volunteer from the local business community will visit your classroom as arranged by your local Program Manager. These volunteers are able to bring their own personal experience to add further value to our programs.
How much will this program cost my classroom?
- Nothing! Junior Achievement of South Western Ontario offers our board-approved programs to our schools and educators completely free of charge. We rely on the wonderful support of our community partners to ensure program costs are covered.
How does my program get scheduled?
- Once you register online, your local Program Manager will be in contact to arrange a date that works for both your classroom and the volunteer.
What if I have further questions about a program?
- If our above links do not provide you with enough information we would love to hear any questions, comments or concerns. Please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
"Our volunteer was terrific - knew her info and reached the students - great experience!!!"
- Wendy, St. Vincent's